Tiny Tree (12-18 months)
Tiny Tree is the third group, following Little Sprout, in a unique series of child development classes designed for both the parent and child. This class combines parent discussion and education with unique child-centered learning experiences in a fun, playful way. Through natural materials, sensory exploration, water play, music and more, we will provide ample opportunities for you and your child to engage in guided and self-directed play.
Each class will include the following elements:
- Circle Time: We will begin each class with gentle lap bounces and songs to welcome everyone and provide a routine, so babies become familiar with the class and others.
- Activity Time: Each week, the class will engage in a developmentally appropriate activity that focuses on fine and gross motor development, sensory exploration, and socialization. Activities include water tables, finger painting, parachute play, musical instrument exploration, filling and dumping toys, and stacking cups.
- Soft Gym Mats & Discussion: After the group activity, tunnels and soft foam gym mats are set up to encourage gross motor development such as tummy time, sitting, rolling, crawling, standing, and walking. At this time we will have a weekly discussion focusing on your questions and concern and topic ideas. Some Past discussions have focused on baby food ideas, extended breast feeding, sleep and feeding issues, positive discipline and language development.
- Storytime: Fun, age-appropriate sing-a-long stories are read each week.
- Bubbles and Dancing: Each class ends with bubbles and dancing as a way to cool down, allow for bonding time with your child, and say goodbye to the group.
Tiny Tree | Thursdays | 10:30-11:30 | Begins March 7
Meet the Instructor: Laura